Relax System?

Apr 16, 2007
Bucks Count PA
One of our neighbors is looking into getting a pool and the sales guy is trying to sell them a system called Relax. This is what he reccomended after she asked him about a salt water generator. He said a swg is not as hassle free as this Relax system. Do any of you anything about this system? I couldn't find too much information on the web about it.

Thanks inadvance for your help.

I can't find anything about it. Alternative systems usually fall into four categories. There are the ionizer systems, which put metals into the water like copper, silver and zinc. These usually claim you can run a lower chlorine level. There are liquid chemical systems, which are primarily high copper systems which still require chlorine. Then there are ozonators, which also require chlorine. Then there are the biguanide systems like Baquacil that don't use any chlorine.

IMO, none of them are acceptable on their own. The metal systems can result in staining of pool surfaces and swimmers' hair. The ozonator is not a substitute for chlorine, but an add-on that might help control a few things chlorine doesn't kill. Biguanide is expensive, and most people eventually want to switch to chlorine because of biguanide's problems.

Get some details and let us know what the system is.

The Relax and Enjoy systems are manufactued by M. Jonas and Co., a private labeler that sells to dealers. They do not publish MSDS on their website and provide no information on their products. I would stay away.

Safety sheets should be available through your retailer, as we sell to dealers only. @JohnT is on the right track but it also has proprietary technology, and it works well for a lot of people.

I'd also like to point out that SWG (Salt Water generator) is not that-- more accurately it is called a Liquid Chlorine Generator because it is generating NaOCl (chlorine) from NaCl (salt) + H2O.

If the 'system' contains anything as explained by JohnT, run, fast, away from it. Using basic chlorine, either added as liquid chlorine or generated by a Saltwater Chlorine Generator, is the most Trouble Free way to manage pool water chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.