Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Relax System?

1. Back To Top    #1

Relax System?

One of our neighbors is looking into getting a pool and the sales guy is trying to sell them a system called Relax. This is what he reccomended after she asked him about a salt water generator. He said a swg is not as hassle free as this Relax system. Do any of you anything about this system? I couldn't find too much information on the web about it.

Thanks inadvance for your help.
    Inground Grecian 20,000 gallons vinyl liner
    Hayward 250 BTU Propane heater
    Hayward DE Filter
    1 HP Northstar Pump
    Spill Over Spa

2. Back To Top    #2
    I can't find anything about it. Alternative systems usually fall into four categories. There are the ionizer systems, which put metals into the water like copper, silver and zinc. These usually claim you can run a lower chlorine level. There are liquid chemical systems, which are primarily high copper systems which still require chlorine. Then there are ozonators, which also require chlorine. Then there are the biguanide systems like Baquacil that don't use any chlorine.

IMO, none of them are acceptable on their own. The metal systems can result in staining of pool surfaces and swimmers' hair. The ozonator is not a substitute for chlorine, but an add-on that might help control a few things chlorine doesn't kill. Biguanide is expensive, and most people eventually want to switch to chlorine because of biguanide's problems.

Get some details and let us know what the system is.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    The Relax and Enjoy systems are manufactued by M. Jonas and Co., a private labeler that sells to dealers. They do not publish MSDS on their website and provide no information on their products. I would stay away.