Is my pump big enough

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If the SWG is generating (and I see no reason it would not be), then the pump is big enough (although from what you wrote we still have no idea which size of the Optiflo you have ... add the filter size too).

The pool size and SWG really have nothing to do with pump sizing.

Side note, your SWG is really barely large enough to handle your pool. We recommend sizing for 1.5-3 times the volume of your pool. So the 25k size would be better.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

If the SWG is generating (and I see no reason it would not be), then the pump is big enough (although from what you wrote we still have no idea which size of the Optiflo you have ... add the filter size too).

The pool size and SWG really have nothing to do with pump sizing.

Side note, your SWG is really barely large enough to handle your pool. We recommend sizing for 1.5-3 times the volume of your pool. So the 25k size would be better.

My pump says 1/2 hp 2sp. Though not sure what 2sp means

OptiFlo is an AG pump and is not self-priming. Why are you using that on an IG pool?

Also, I don't believe it comes in a 1/2 HP so did you mean it was 1 1/2 HP?

2sp is for 2 speed and the smallest size the Optiflo comes in a 2sp is 1 HP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.