Where to buy calcium chloride in Orange County, CA

Rocketfish

Bronze Supporter
Jun 6, 2016
Orange County, CA
Aside from my local pool store, do you know where I can find the recommended alternatives such as deicer? We don't have a need for deicer here in Southern Cali. I will need 38 lbs of Calcium Chloride this weekend after a RO treatment. it's $66 for a 50 lb bucket of Hardness Plus from Leslie's which is OK I guess. I shouldn't ever need any more for a few years if I do things right.

You may wish to give these guys a call: Calcium Chloride - Hill Brothers Chemical Co.

They're located in the OC area. If they don't sell directly to consumers, maybe they can provide a source locally that's cheaper than the PS.

EDIT:

Never mind - they don't sell directly to consumers and don't have a distributor near you. They did suggest you contact a nearby concrete ready mixing company to see if they have any around that they would sell you.

I would suggest testing to see what your levels are after the RO treatment - before adding anything. When you add the calcium, try to stay on the low end of the recommended levels refilling do to evaporation will certainly cause the CH to increase over time.

If you don't mind me asking, what's an RO treatment cost in Orange County nowadays?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.