Low Chlorine and High PH

Jun 15, 2016
Burleson TX
I have a 9500 gallon above ground pool that's 18X48. I had a huge problem with having a green Ninja Turtle pool for the past month, could get it to cloudy but never clear and swim quality, so I drained the pool, scrubbed and cleaned, and started over. Everything is new and clean and my pool is refilled now. Pump has been running for 3 days and water still looks beautiful, and I want it to stay that way. Tested the water today with my at home test kit. Test is showing that my PH is above 8.2 and my chlorine is at 0. Been researching all day and I think I need to shock the pool and add Muriatic Acid. Thoughts Please! Thanks!

Brandi
Burleson, Tx

I am using an HTH test kit. I am new at all this, so forgive me if I seem ignorant to any and all this pool stuff. So I should add liquid chlorine every day? I know I need to lower the PH that's why I asked if I should use Muriatic Acid to lower the PH and shock to raise the FC. I waited 3 days because I just refilled the pool and that's what the instruction's said to do that I got with my (cartridge) pump.

What HTH test kit? Hopefully not strips.

Yes, add muriatic acid to lower the pH.
Yes, add chlorine, usually we use bleach. What is this "shock" you are referring to?
And you need to get stabilizer in the water.

Make sure you read the links I provided.

No I'm not using the test strips, I'm using the test kit with the drops. The shock I am referring to is
super_shock_treatment_6_count_1_lb_bags.ashx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.