Owner Build W/ Rock Blasting - Loomis, CA - Equipment List HELP

Re: New Owner Build Pool with Rock Blasting - Loomis, CA

Kim, that doesn't help! lol!

I guess it is good that both options we like, just hard to make that final decision.

Here are some more pictures with the spa complete:

I asked about the holes before they left, I guess it is a requirement of the gunite company. They leave those as cheap insurance in the off chance there is ground water or a rain store comes through could cause the pool to pop out of the soil before it gets filled with water. Seemed far fetched to me but I guess they have had a few pools lift before filling with water.

They said the plaster company will fill them in.

OKay so put a sample of both by the coping and let me pick from there.............Looking at your house though I think the first set will go better with the house color.

:kim:

I love it, I would recommend the glass block. We went with something similar and for a small amount of money over standard tile, it made the pool stand out. Ledge pic.jpgsunshelf spa.jpg

Can't wait to see your pool finished, it looks epic!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Happy Labor Day!!

So we decided to go with the Poured Pewter 1x2 glass tile from NPT. We were worried with the additional bling but the deciding factor was we have friends with a pool that has this tile is installed at and we really like the look. It actually looks a lot more blue with the reflection of the water. Glass tile install is underway (almost complete) and they also started the rock on the raised bond beam. We wanted a "dry stack" look and have had some trouble with the installers making the grout joints too large and also adding too much material. I spent a few hours last night scraping out the joints to give it the look we want. I was very thankful they worked over Labor Day weekend so I could be home to see the progress and walk through any questions. Especially the rock with how we want it to look. I thanked them with plenty of water, Gatorade and beers on ice.

I would definitely recommend to anyone thinking about doing an owner build to make sure you are home for the start of each phase and especially the finish work to ensure it is how you want it to look.

Now for the pictures:

Friday update, The progress has been a little slow the past few weeks but hopefully we will get some concrete poured next week.

The plan is to install synthetic grass between the concrete squares and coping.

Our project too has slowed coming into the decking phase. Part of it was a delay on our part, but the other part was a delay on the PB's part.

I like seeing your skimmer tile and it dipping in to the plastic piece. Ours does that and I wasn't sure if it was right etc...

Below are some pictures from our first concrete pour yesterday. It was a milestone day and exciting to say the least.

We poured the coping, most of the lower concrete deck and one of the board form walls. We also got the equipment pad poured so we can move forward with installing.

More walls and the upper deck will be in the next concrete pour in a week or so.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.