Extended Pool Closing

May 21, 2009
What is best option for closing in-ground vinyl lined pool 18x36 for several years located in NE Texas?

My thoughts were to get chemicals right and install Loop-Loc or similar cover and set automatic timer for couple hours per day. Have quarterly tests of water and add algecide as required.

Does this sound reasonable or does someone have experience with a better solution?

Where is most reasonable place to buy covers like Loop-Loc and I will install it myself.

Thanks,
[email protected]

I don't think anything you do is going to make much difference except putting a safety cover over it. Even with a SWCG and full automation a pool is going to need attention weekly at least.

Leaving a pump for years will most likely cause the pump to lose prime at some point and destroy its self. For long term you wall everything on the equipment pad winterized.

A solid cover can make the pool dramatically easier to open in a few years. But the solid cover it's self is likely to fail over years. If you are serious about this, I would try a solid cover under a mesh cover. The solid cover will keep too much from growing in the water and the mesh cover will keep the leaves from overloading the solid cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.