Recommendation for AGP Vacuum - Manual or Automatic?

Mar 30, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Hi, I'm just opening up the pool for the first time this week (we installed at the end of last summer, but are finally hooking up the electrical and getting everything running, so the pool is pretty grimy). I'm looking into equipment that's needed but I'm looking for recommendations for a either a manual or automatic pool vacuum. I'm open to arguments for which you prefer as well (I'd obviously rather do less work, but if the automatic ones don't work as well, I'll deal with the manual.) Not really any trees around the pool, but a lot dirt and grim (from the kids) and tons of bugs and just general nature floating around. I have a 24' foot round above ground pool with a cartridge filter (see info in my signature below) and I am very, very new at this. Thank you!

I have a Zodiac Wahoo, and I really cont recommend it. It is a suction side cleaner, and it works well, once you get it working. It is pretty touchy when the suction pressure it needs, and the supposed rgulator it comes with really does not help much. I am starting to look at stand alone electric robots, like the above mentioned Pool Rover.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.