Total newb just ordered TF100 test kit-pool install soon

May 20, 2009
Rhode Island
Should I buy anything before having the pool filled in preparation? I'll be filling the pool with city water from a garden hose. Just wonderring what and how much(BBB supplies) I should have on hand that first day. It's a 21ftx52" above ground with a 19" 1hp sand filter. Thanks

Hey, big daddy,

You have made a very wise choice to get your kit before the pool is filled. Here's what I suggest. When your kit comes in, open it immediately and test your fill water. It will give you practice with the tests and, importantly, it will give you the knowledge of what adjustments you'll need to make.

Post up your test results here on this same thread and you'll get a ton of knowledgeable, greatr help. There is no need to test for chlorine or CYA. You won't have any CYA and minimal chlorine....not enough to worry about.

Hey Bigdaddybry,

Congrats on already ordering your TF100 :goodjob:

First day supplies? I say go ahead and get some of everything to start & some to keep in your arsenal:

Bleach/liquid chlorine - Several jugs
CYA - 1 jug
Borax - 1 box
Baking Soda - 1 bag or several 1# boxes
Muriatic Acid - 1 gal.

Store your bleach and your muriatic acid away from each other.

You may or may not need some of the items, but it can be very aggravating to need one of them and not have them on hand.

When you get a moment, please list your pool & equipment specs in your sig and your location in your profile.
This will prevent you from having to enter it each time you post and keep us from having to find it!

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.