Question on Timeline - Water or Deck first

GoBlue

Jun 10, 2007
We are renovating our pool and have a bit of a debate going on between the pool guy and the concrete guy. The pool has polymer sides and a vinyl liner. The pool guy wants the concrete deck poured so that concrete doesn't end up in the pool. He doesn't think the concrete guys are not neat enough. Concrete guy says liner and water goes in first because the added weight of the concrete may buckle the polymer sides.

I tend to agree with the concrete guy. We had a pool installed when I was a kid and the concrete deck was last.

Your thoughts? :?:

Deck last. Concrete is going in the pool no matter how you do it. With the water in there, it won't stick to anything below the water level.

Mine was done deck last. And it's been poured two whole times (long story). Both concrete guys made a mess and it was a pain to clean out. But, as said before, anything under the water line should come out easily. Make sure if you have aluminum coping (or the like) that you/they coat it with Dawn soap before the pour. That makes it alot easier to get the concrete off later. They forgot to do it on my plastic steps and it's nearly impossible to get off now! I can speak from experience, that the cheap no name concrete guys and the high end reputable concrete guys make a very similar mess!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.