cloudy

joe111

Jun 13, 2012
burlington, Ontario
Good morning everyone,

Just need some encouragement.
I passed the OCLT 2 consecutive nights in a row and pool is clear. I ran a back wash Sunday. Monday pool is cloudy again. Clear from above and clear in the water for about 10 ft but from one end to another not clear. We have had some windy days and a lot of debris in the pool. I don't image that would cause cloudiness.

History - Just got the CYA to 35 last week. Have been using DE to help with filtration but that was back washed out last week.

FC - 5.5
TA - 120
PH - 7.2
CH - 110
CYA - 35/40

any ideas??

Please and thank you

Hi. Are you running the pump continuously? Only until it clears up. If the water isn't circulating it's not being cleaned. I find that if I turn cloudy that I need to run a lot longer than I normally do to clear it otherwise I can't catch up. Doesn't seem to be a chlorine issue so it would seem it needs to be filtered to get everything out. btw, I'm more expert on making my pool cloudy than on clearing it up :) so others may have better advice.

Good morning everyone,

Just need some encouragement.
I passed the OCLT 2 consecutive nights in a row and pool is clear. I ran a back wash Sunday. Monday pool is cloudy again. Clear from above and clear in the water for about 10 ft but from one end to another not clear. We have had some windy days and a lot of debris in the pool. I don't image that would cause cloudiness.

History - Just got the CYA to 35 last week. Have been using DE to help with filtration but that was back washed out last week.

FC - 5.5
TA - 120
PH - 7.2
CH - 110
CYA - 35/40

any ideas??

Please and thank you
You mention passing an OCLT & clear water, were your CC's 0.5ppm or less for those 2 consecutive days also?

Could you also post a current CC level?

If this were my pool I would do another OCLT. If your filter was adequate up to, & during the SLAM why wouldn't it be now?

I would do another OCLT to make sure it is not something organic. The remedy for cloudy water is almost always chlorine.

Dom

OCLT was .5 first day and second day 0.
Current CC - 5.5

I was going to do another slam tonight and see what happens. Sand filter had a deep cleanse mid season last year.

thanks everyone for the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry
CC - 0
FC - 5.5

Starting slam on Wednesday.

Thursday night
CC .5
FC 24

This morning
CC .5
FC 23.5

Water is clear should I be good or should I continue to slam?

technically it appears that you have passed all 3 criteria to complete a SLAM but if it was me I would go one more day and do another OCLT tonight to be safe. What's one more day after all of that hard work? Do a good scrub of all nooks and crannies also, (ladder, lights, etc.)

Have you inspected behind the light, ladder, behind the stairs? Any water features (rock, waterfall, slide, etc) where algae could be hiding?

When you say clear, can you tell whether the screws on the main drain are phillips or flat head? If no main drain, did you do the quarter test... put a quarter in the deep end and tell if it is heads or tails?

When you did the OCLT, was the pump running all night?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.