intex pump getting loud

Mar 18, 2015
sebastopol ca
We have been running a new Intex pool pump on a regular schedule for about three weeks and noticed this evening its growing loud. I assume its days are numbered even thought is new. I cant do a warranty claim because I purchased the pool last summer and never unboxed it until this summer.

Along with the intex pump I'm running the intex sand filter and SWG and ready to install a few solar panels on a second story roof.

I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions on a replacement pump for this pool and which can accommodate a lift to the second story. Hopefully this replacement pump will still work with the current sand filter and SWG. Thanks in advance for your input.

Pool specs:
Intex Ultraframe 12' x 24'
solar panels = 80 sf but depending on performance might grow to 160 sf.

Thanks
-John

We have been running a new Intex pool pump on a regular schedule for about three weeks and noticed this evening its growing loud. I assume its days are numbered even thought is new. I cant do a warranty claim because I purchased the pool last summer and never unboxed it until this summer.

Along with the intex pump I'm running the intex sand filter and SWG and ready to install a few solar panels on a second story roof.

I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions on a replacement pump for this pool and which can accommodate a lift to the second story. Hopefully this replacement pump will still work with the current sand filter and SWG. Thanks in advance for your input.

Pool specs:
Intex Ultraframe 12' x 24'
solar panels = 80 sf but depending on performance might grow to 160 sf.

Thanks
-John

Bump... any advice on a replacement?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.