New to SWG Question

monty1

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2011
Shelbyville, Indiana
I currently have a 30 year old pool and have been using the BBB method for the last five years very successfully. Certainly have had a shock-free pool for five years in a row.
I now have gone to the dark side and purchased a Circupool RJ45 SWG , plumbed it up, and getting my water balance where it needs to be according to your recommendations.

Quick question: the Circupool RJ45 suggests a salt level range of 3000 to 4000ppm, with a target of 3500ppm.
I know you guys suggest the salt range should be 200 to 400 ppm's above manufacturers recommendations. Just wanted to check if we want to end up with a level of 3700 to 4000 ppm, which appears to be the top end for Circupool, before I start dumping salt in the pool

As always, really appreciate the input. It is always great info.

Monty1

I would think that 3500 would be just fine.. But, I suggest you determine how salty your pool is before dumping in a ton of salt. I was amazed how salty my water was before I had added any to the pool. If you don't have a salt test kit, then I would only add about half of what you think you will need and see what the SWG says the salt level is before adding any more.

Jim R.

I have found the curcupools like a little higher salt content, try 3500 this year and watch/test after a month, kick it up to 3700 or so if it drops from backwashing, that is what I am doing this year :) (I need to add after draining about 5000 gallons this month) :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.