West Monroe, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Looking into installing a Rainbow 300C chlorinator into my system at the same time as installing a timer for the pump. What are some considerations with setting the run time cycles with the chlorinator in the system? Will it be necessary to setup shorter OFF cycles due to the high concentration of chlorine sitting in the chlorinator when the pump is not running?

I have never had a timer on my pump so what I plan on may need to be tweaked; I plan on running the pump overnight for 8-10 hours. Would it be wise to re-configure the cycles to avoid the water from sitting static in the lines for too long.

Over the past 6 years of owning this pool I have run the pump 24/7 for 9-10 months out of the year putting the chlorine in the skimmers since the water is constantly moving (I never did like the floaters).

Looking to change things up.

Is this being used for vacations? why not just use a floater instead for the week?

We always recommend pouring the bleach in front of the return instead of pouring in the skimmer, less wear and tear on the pump and filter.. is there a certain reason you have been running 24/7, clarity of water?

I work offshore so anything to help the wife keep the pool low maintenance on top of worry free during vacations.

I do add the bleach in front of the returns. I guess I run the pump like I do bc that's the way I always have. I like to kept the water moving, but if I don't have to, then there's no need to waste electricity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

hmmmm, sounds like a salt water generator would be better suited for what you need/want...

Ease of use, go away for a week or 2, check FC levels once a week while you are away, CYA does not rise with use, run pump 6 to 12 hours a day to create chlorine :)

That chlorinator is just going to give you problems down the road...

The Hayward T15, the SJ 40 and Pentair IC40 would work ok, the IC 60 and the RG 60 would work great for your pool size..

Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.