Filter question

Exit0

Jul 3, 2013
Hey guys. I have a bit of an odd situation going on... My pool is perfectly balanced and the water is absolutely sparkling clear. I was out vacuuming this evening and when finished, I let it sit for about a half hour while I did a few other chores. When I returned , to put the solar cover on and add chlorine, I noticed that there was some grayish colored sediment in some of the little dimples and things on the bottom. there
was no wind this evening so it isn't possible that a bunch of stuff blew in. It can't be from the solar cover as it isn't on. I can only think of a 2 possibilities how this is happening. 1) there is a bunch of dirt under the steps that I can't get with the vacuum although it looks fairly clean. 2) dirt is going through the sand in my filter. Didn't have time to pull the ladder but I will this weekend to eliminate that possibility. I am 95% certain that the sand is not channeled as I just replaced and have been running the pump on low speed most of the time. Anything else I am missing? Any tips how I can get the dirt out? Thanks for your help.

I always vacuum, leave the wand and suction head attached and operational, putter around with something else and then catch what settled that I disturbed about a half hour later. Usually takes me two sessions to clean it all. Lot of trees around me, 2 heavily farmed fields and lots of grass being mowed so I deal with a lot of drift that deposits more organics than I care for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.