Sand in pool by jets

May 22, 2012
Hi-I've been using the TFP method for a few years and pool looks great. Lately I have sand by the jets. I had a pool guy out and he said I needed a new filter at the cost of $1,200-commercial grade-which seemed a little much. I went on you tube and it seems that my lateral assembly my be the problem. We also need a new O-Ring we were told. We have experience with changing the filter sand-which we did before we found this web site a few years ago, in an attempt to clear our water. So we feel pretty confident in our ability to change the lateral assembly. My question is, is it likely that it could be another issue instead of the lateral assembly? We had a new pump installed a couple years ago, so that part should be fine. Thanks for any advice.

So many posts like this really are not sand. Don't do anything until you prove to yourself it is absolutely sand. It should quickly go back to the bottom if you brush it up and it should be grainy and you should be able to hold it in your hand.

Let us know you are absolutely sure it is sand and we'll help with a fix......it may not be easy but we can give it a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.