Does adding Shimmering Sea to Pebble Sheen really Add $1000.00? Color help

Hi All, We are in the middle of our backyard remodel and need to pick out a color of Pebblesheen. I will post the color of tile and coping as well as decking. We wanted to add Shimmering Sea to our color but the contractor we are using who subs it out says the Pool people charge $1000.00 for the adder. This seems a bit steep to us. Does this sound right? Our Pool is not deep. 5' in middle and 3' on each side. The coping will be a light travertine and decking is supposed to be a shade darker (walnut) travertine. They installed the tile trim today. The colors we are considering are Aqua Blue, Blue Surf or Blue Granite. In your experience and seeing our pictures, which do you think would be the best choice. We are trying to line up some pools to look at but having a hard time finding the Blue Surf since PebbleTec apparently came out with this color last year so not a lot out there yet. Thanks for any help or ideas you can give us...

Attachments

• IMG_2807.jpg
    IMG_2807.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2808.jpg
    IMG_2808.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 256
I don't know about the price of adding that but I think you picked the same tile and maybe the same travertine that we did. See my link and the last page in my signature if you want to see final pictures.

We did pebblesheen as well in the blue granite. We did not add anything.

My vote is for Blue Granite for your pool as well. We went Blue Surf and absolutely love it. However, we have a turquoise water line tile. I had a hard time finding photos/seeing pools with Blue Surf as well. Here is a pic of my pool with the Blue Surf in the sun. We thought about adding shells/sparkly stuff too. However, our builder said that if you look at a pool with the sparkle its really nice and if you look at a pool without the sparkle its also really nice! I think the up charge for us was around $400. $1000 seems real high to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I just noticed that you are in California. That may explain the price difference!:roll:

My vote is for Blue Surf. I would like the bolder contrast it would give you with the darker tile and coping. If you prefer a more blended look, the Blue Granite would give you more of that look. I have the Blue Granite, and in my setting (a smallish yard with lots of tall trees surrounding my yard) the water has definite greenish tint more often than not. I really love the Blue Surf against the dark waterfall rock in Sunny Daze's photo above!

When you get a chance, could you put the details of your pool build in your signature area? See any of those posted on this thread for examples. You can even ask for opinions such as your plaster choice. It will show up with each of your posts on each page. Then you can update the signature space as your build progresses. This makes it easier for everyone to help you if they have the current info no matter which page they're reading.

This is definitely going to be fun to watch!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.