Pool build in Cancun, Mexico PART#3

cancuntom

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Cancun, Mexico
This is a kind of a regress in my story back to Part 1. I thought more detail was interesting enough due to the peculiar problems with digging a large hole in the Cancun area. Once you dig about 18" of top soil out you hit solid rock. The backhoe that the PB used had a attachment on it that was a huge jackhammer. Many people build there pools here partially out of the ground. Maybe one or two feet. The reason is: they don't have to dig through all that rock to get the depth they want. We didn't go that route. The jackhammer was hammerin' away for 5 days straight from 8am to 5pm. It only stopped when he changed to a scoop to empty the rock pieces into a waiting dump truck. To do this he had to back into our driveway with his scoop full then turn 90º then duck in under the power lines, raise it back up and proceed across the street and discharge it into the side of the dump truck. Then he would reverse the entire process to go back into the yard to get another scoopful. Here are a few pictures:

The backhoe arrives:

He scrapes the remaining sod off the pool location:

We start to dig the hole:

Lifting out the rocks:

Working the rocks with the jackhammer attachment:

The finished hole:

My neighbors endured the noise and vibrations for 5 continuous days. God bless them....not one complaint. Before we started the hole, I delivered each one of them a letter warning about and explaining what we were about to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.