Colchester,Vermont
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Pool had been treated with chlorine tablets by previous owner of our recently purchased house.
We just purchased a Circupool RJ 30Plus for our above ground pool (7600 gallon) to switch to SWG . Probably overkill but took advantage of the $1 upgrade sale for next size up. Would much rather run it less and have it last longer. Now to install it. Pool is now opened, SLAMmed, crystal clear, and test numbers are pretty good. Still a little tweaking a little bit but not bad for a newbie just figuring this all out. With my funky new speed/stir I feel like i am back in chemistry class.

FC:2.5
CC: 0
TA: 80
CYA: 40
pH: 7.3
temp: 67 degrees

Your pool math chart is fabulous! Kudos for all this help. Will add some CYA to bring that up and more Borax to get the pH in to 7.5

Main Question: Would love some advice on installation of SWG. Have attached pictures so you can see current set up. Sorry, don't know how to rotate the pics correctly in the attachment.

Reading instruction guidelines, looks like we need to modify outflow pipe from filter which is currently flexible into PVC piping for attachment of SWG ?? Would be great if someone with an above ground pool could post pictures of your set up. Does the control module need to be in some kind of covering to protect it from weather?

Don't know how to update my pool info of my signature page:
18 ' above ground, Hayward Power Flo LX pump, Rainbow Lifeguard M Series Cartridge filter, to be installed CircuPool RJ plus 30 SWG. Tf100 test kit and my trusty speed/stir, solar blanket cover to hopefully warm the water up before August!

Attachments

• 20160614_141604.jpg
    20160614_141604.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 20160614_141548.jpg
    20160614_141548.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 123
Welcome to TFP :)

I have never seen that filter, its kind of kewl looking..

The RJ is a straight connection, so from the hard pipe out of your filter, cut the end and extend your pipe and install the SWG there, if you want to go back to the hose you have you will need an adapter...

I know this is not the same looking because I have the SJ but maybe it will give you some ideas on pipe... I uploaded a bunch of differant angles :)

D9X6h2Eh.jpg

73upvXjh.jpg

1G6VUCDh.jpg

vwkRSaLh.jpg

AMyBvAjh.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.