I think I goofed. Help me?

Hello! :smile:

So, first things first: I've got a 14' round vinyl pool, about 3300 gallons.

My area had some serious rain a couple of weeks ago, and I ended up with a pool the prettiest shade of dark green you ever did see. After trying different products and approaches I ended up shocking it to within an inch of its life and ended up with milky blue water...hooray!

But. Because I'm an impatient turdhead and couldn't wait a few more days for the water to clear on its own, I tossed some floc in there. The floc worked like it was supposed to and a little over 24 hours later I had clear water with a few piles of dead algae. Hooray again!

Since my pump doesn't have a vacuum to waste option, I used the vacuum and hose, got some siphon action goin' on, and basically "vacuumed" the pool that way.

It was working beautifully, but then I noticed a few spots that seemed to be clinging to the pool's surface. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to brush those spots and come back after it settled to finish the clean up. However, it has been a few hours and it hasn't settled. Uh oh. Did I undo everything I've done to this point? Am I being an impatient turdhead again and just need to give it some more time?

Any advice or insight will be appreciated. TIA.

Oh. And it just started raining again as I type this. Welcome to summer in southeast Georgia. :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.