Attaching stairs to a composite deck...

Wbrian

Jun 14, 2016
Virginia Beach, VA
Hi All! I'm new here. Great forum, BTW. I have a 15' round AG pool. I tore down the old shaky deck we used to enter the pool, and built a new, sturdier one. I used composite decking on the top. Is there a preferred method to attaching the stairs to this material? I have the Conifer Curve stairs. I'd have to screw into the composite if there's a cleaner alternative...

Thanks!
Wbrian (in Virginia Beach, VA)

I have the same situation (composite decking to which ladder will attach). I plan to align the ladder's hold down fasteners with spaces between planks and screw down to sacrificial scraps of lumber beneath decking to avoid putting extra holes in the composite planks.

Thank you both. I am thinking about doing the same thing. I worry about screwing in and out repeatedly... I may drill a half in hole where the screw shouldn't be, and run a wood scrap across the bottom of the joists. Then use a long bolt...

Thanks again!
Wbrian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.