Noblesville, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Our pool house has 4 rooms, an equipment room, bathroom, and two changing rooms. No HVAC other than a vent for the propane heater. Currently the rooms are "finished" with a Masonite board on the walls and an outdoor-type carpet; they look and feel gross; I'd like to replace the floor with tile, but am not sure what to use for the walls. What will hold up against the moisture, especially without HVAC (the doors have angled slats, but that's about it for air flow)?

My ideal look would be a board & batten style maybe 2/3 of the way up the wall and then flat (e.g., drywall) for the top 1/3 & ceiling. Will primed wood and green-board drywall hold up okay?

Here's a couple pictures I took when we first moved in:

20150815_113620_zpsjqkc1uss.jpg

20150815_113652_zpsndkajxr9.jpg

I would only caution you that some tile is extremely slippery when wet, so you should check a sample before you commit to installing it. The tile in my house is slippery like walking on ice when your feet are wet. Moisture shouldn't be an issue for the walls, you are not operating a public pool where there would be a constant stream of wet bodies going into a locker room and you have no fixtures in the existing rooms. I'd think that anything you put on the wall that can be painted with a latex enamel paint would work great. Depending on your timeline, I'd probably paint the existing walls white right now if you think that upgrade is going to be happening after the summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.