Interested in Pool Heater - need advice...

May 20, 2009
Post split off from this thread. Moderator

I Currently live in Long Island, NY with a 16x32 ig pool. I am thinking of getting a heat pump, can anyone quote me their monthly electric bill for the heater from May to Sept. Anyone with a gas heater would like to hear from you too. Thanks for you help.

Please state your KWH including taxs and delivery if you can if not on Long Island. The way if figure it out is easy by KWH consumed in a month divide by overall bill. I average with tax , delivery .22 kwh and 1.80 therm for gas.

That should be the other way around.
Total bill divided by kw consumed = cost per kw.

The northeastern US is one of our largest concentration of heat pump installations, especially around L.I.

Heat Pump vs Gas will mostly depend on your pool usage. If you use your pool very little, a gas heater will heat it up quickly. If you use your pool frequently, a heat pump will maintain your water temperature very efficiently.
http://aquacal.com/index.php/sizing is our cost audit that will allow you to enter your specific pool parameters and cost of gas/elec to compare the cost of operation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.