Longer Lasting Alternative to Skimmer Socks?

Dec 18, 2015
Sacramento
I am using skimmer socks in my basket to catch small needles that come off a cedar tree near my pool. The trouble is that they only last a week and I feel that for the money I am spending, I could find a more permanent solution. I was able to find this http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-91425600618043/paramount-debris-canister-fine-mesh-bag-3.gif for the debris canister coming off my main drain, but haven't found something similar for my skimmer basket. I am half considering buying another of those bags and cutting it down and attaching it to my basket with a zip tie. Has anyone come up with something better?

Thanks!

Try 1 gallon paint strainers from Lowes or Home Depot.

I will take a look at those too. One of my problems is that I have a metal rod that is the handle on my skimmer basket. So, I have to put two holes in my skimmer socks to use the handle, and otherwise it is a PITA to get the basket out without spilling all of the contents back into the water if I don't have the handle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a metal rod that is the handle on my skimmer basket. So, I have to put two holes in my skimmer socks to use the handle, and otherwise it is a PITA

I put paint strainers OUTSIDE my baskets. They are pinched between basket and slimmer when basket installed so they stay on. I only take the basket out when the pump is off.

I use paint strainers/pool skimmer socks from Amazon (really same).

Unless they are full of debris when they get sucked in and get stuck. Do as you wish, not sure why that is easier.

Just not going to let potentially non-trouble free ideas go unchallenged ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.