Ladders and tarps

Toekneejo

Platinum Supporter
Mar 10, 2015
Houston TX
Living near Houston with a salt water pool hasn't been much fun this year! We have been able to keep the water clear but it is costing more than a small fortune and the headaches have been frustrating, my husband has come up with a suggestion and I was wondering if anyone else has ideas. We have had to keep replenishing salt and cya. Due to pool over flowing. He has decided we need a tarp that fits tightly allowing rain water to run off, the problem is with the step/ladder. What is the easiest one to remove each time to swim or is there one without a stationary hand rail?

I feel your pain. Based on actual rainfall totals in May and June, Mother Nature has replaced >75% of my pool water. I haven't yet found a good strategy to keep my pool "dry" and still be able enjoy the aesthetics and user-friendliness of cover-free pooling. I took a different tact after the infamous "2015 Memorial Day Storms": I smartened up and always keep 3 or 4 bags of salt, a few gallons of HCL, a few containers of Calcium Chloride, and several pounds of CYA on hand, and--most importantly--I replenish this inventory before I get below critical thresholds. Initially it was a bit of a cash outlay, but I've been able to keep my water balanced. Overall, I've spent a lot less $$$ than any covers that would mitigate the monsoons.

On a slightly-related note...I did the calculations over the weekend and concluded that, in my first 20 months of pool ownership, I could have been using tri-chlor pucks exclusively and (on average) my CYA would still be within the recommended guidelines. Now my pH on the other hand.... that's a completely different story!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.