Filtering a large kiddie pool?

neel

Jun 14, 2016
Dallas, TX
Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: filtering a large kiddie pool?

Have a kiddie inflatable pool 10x6x2. Unfortunately, It doesn't have a water drainage. Its been a week i added water and now the water looks cloudy and i can feel a bit of a slime/slippery feeling in the pool bottom and sides. Other than collapsing the pool and letting the water out and cleaning the pool and refilling water, can i buy any filter or something that can address my concerns. i saw your post but, unfortunately, it was a bit difficult to understand the technical jargons :) i am just hoping i dont have to keep replacing the water on the pool every 3-4 days. thats a lot of water to replace.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Most owners with a small pool your size utilize the TFP Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools page. The care is much more abbreviated because those pools are generally simpler to manage and easier to replace water when the going gets tough. In your case, with slime already forming, it sounds like chemistry got away from you already, so you may need to follow the steps on that page to drain, clean, then refill and add chemicals right away. If you maintain the chemistry as noted, you won't have to replace the water all that often, and you can just scoop-out debris and mix the very small amount of chemicals with a brush of some type. But please let us know if you still have any questions. Have a nice day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.