Safety Rope Install after Build

Oct 16, 2015
ELKHART, IN
Anyone have any experience installing anchors for a safety rope?
The pool has been completed and my PB failed to include anchors on both sides of the pool to hook a safety rope w/ floats to.
I'm wondering if any has screwed anchors directly into the aluminum coping?
Or should I think about trying to anchor through the coping and install lead anchors into the concrete?

Any guidance from someone who's already done it would be appreciated!
I've searched for two days now and can't seem to find anyone who's actually done it.

Thanks,
Dave

How about attaching hooks to some pretty flower filled planters on each side of the pool and then just hanging the rope across it? You could put a cinder block in the bottom to give it weight and just fill it with potting soil around it. Fast, cheap, movable... <shrug> could be a solution, huh?

Hmmm...I'm trying to envision how this would work out. I think it might work, but I'd be concerned with kids pulling on the rope and toppling the topsoil and cinder block into the pool. Thanks for the idea, I'll research a bit and see if anyone's done it already.

Anybody else ever installed a safety rope across a pool that's already been built?

Dave

Thanks, I've seen these, I'm just not crazy about depending on a couple of sheet metal screws to be sufficient to hold the weight of 3 kids swinging from the safety rope. I just know eventually some kid will decide it's fun to hang from the safety rope or try and stand up on it, kids will be kids.
But thanks for the suggestion, I might just have to try these and use concrete and hits instead of the sheet metal screws into the coping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use anchors similar to my safety cover anchors. They screw up to hold the cover I the fall and then screw down in the summer. You could do it the opposite way. There might be a better solution but this would be my amateur advice ;) and I would definitely install into the concrete. The pressure on my cover is intense so you would never need to worry about kids hanging on the rope!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks Chrissy, I like that idea, I suppose I would need to rig something up that attaches to the anchor, as the safety cover brass anchors only stick up out of the concrete about 1 inch. I'm thinking maybe a brass ring that slips over the anchor would work. Appreciate the simple solution, sometimes less moving parts is a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some like the link above. My 7 year old has been climbing all over the rope even though we tell her not too... I have seen no signs of the screws coming out. If they do, I will use concrete anchors to reattach them thru the coping to the concrete. I liked the idea of the cover anchors until I thought about the kids stepping on them when they are walking around the pool. Feet can be tender, especially when you are not expecting it.

I have some like the link above. My 7 year old has been climbing all over the rope even though we tell her not too... I have seen no signs of the screws coming out. If they do, I will use concrete anchors to reattach them thru the coping to the concrete. I liked the idea of the cover anchors until I thought about the kids stepping on them when they are walking around the pool. Feet can be tender, especially when you are not expecting it.

Thanks for the feedback! It's good to know someone has actually installed this setup.
Any possibility I could a couple photos of your setup? Maybe a close up and an overall picture? It would be very helpful if you could and would be a huge help!

Thanks,
Dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmmm...I'm trying to envision how this would work out. I think it might work, but I'd be concerned with kids pulling on the rope and toppling the topsoil and cinder block into the pool. Thanks for the idea, I'll research a bit and see if anyone's done it already.

Anybody else ever installed a safety rope across a pool that's already been built?

Dave

Dave--

How did you end up doing this? I have the same problem now I am trying to figure out. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.