Been 3+ weeks without filtration

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
So it's been 3+ weeks without filtration in the pool. Tornado hit on the 26th and main pool pump has been without power since then. The local Pentair authorized repaid place is supposed to come by today/tomorrow. Obviously they're not making it today, so certainly hoping they do tomorrow.

Pool is clear, no visible algae, chemicals in balance, but it certainly doesn't have sparklyitis. "scum" lines are beginning to appear on the tile at the water surface line. Pool has never gone lower than 4 on FC during this time, so it should be ok. (I think?)

On an interesting note, it's a testament to aeration and the effect on pH rise, as I've not had to put in muriatic acid since before we left and the pH is steady at 7.4 and TA at 60.

Still using a puck floater to keep it chlorinated. Can't wait to get my pump back on and filter running and get my water back to what I like it to be / look and feel like.

I just really want my pool back to normal....<lament><vent><sigh>

Still...there are people dealing with loss of home, so in the grand scheme of things, it could be FAR worse.

Very tough for a lot of people, yeh :( and you're handling your situation well. I'm sure you're mixing it when you can and keeping the FC high high. Feel for you, mate. Hopefully up and running soon. I think I remember you've got a submersible running in it to push the water around? That's my backup; I bought a cheapy and use it for aerating as well.

YAY! Pool 99.8% fixed. Replacement pump installed and plumbed in. All working. Only thing not working is one of the automatic valves fried as well. Never even tested that previously as I was focused on the pump. The repair guy was great and we addressed a bunch of little issues, such as the remote control constantly losing comm connection, a minor cleaner issue, etc. Then jumped in and did an acid wash on the tile to get them all clean and de-scummed. Start adjusting chemistry in the morning. Right now, due to all the starts/stops today, the salt cell is reading 0 ppm, so not sure if it is producing chlorine or not. if it still reads that tomorrow after a normal start-up, then we've got another problem <G>

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.