No Chlorine In Water Is It My Chlorinator?

MAndrews1

May 3, 2016
Toledo, OH
I have been battling this for a few days now. I can't seem to get a FC reading. Could it be my chlorinator? I unhooked the line that goes into the return to see if anything came out and there was nothing. I had a pretty strong flow the the actual return to the pool. Could this be preventing any chlorine from getting to the flow back into the pool? Also every time I remove the chlorinator lid the water line is right at the line that goes to the pool. Is this normal. Should it be full? I seem to remember my last one leaking out of the lid.

Test results:
CC - 0.0
FC - 0.0
PH - 7.6
TA - 135
CH - 270
CYA - 40

530490e33457ba3ace1fc80d56e0cd8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I am really confused now. Don't you have another thread going where you're in the midst of a slam?

We slam with liquid chlorine, and unless I'm not seeing straight, that's a puck dispenser, right?

TFP water balance methods aren't particularly compatible with puck use because it makes your CYA a constantly moving target (each tablet used adds cya) and then difficult to adjust the dosing level. That said, some will use pucks while away on vacation, etc. What's most important is knowing exactly what you're adding to the water and why, but generally, most TFP pools are manually dosed with liquid chlorine, have a liquid chlorine pump, or use SWG. Those are easier treatment approaches when you want to follow TFP practices, just so you know.

But back to the immediate question at hand...if you're not getting an FC reading, you need to be using liquid chlorine and continuing the slam either way until you pass the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test Confirming that your water will hold FC via liquid dosing will also help you identify whether or not trees a problem with your puck feeder ;)

This is a good example of keeping all your thoughts under one thread. Frequent responders will not chase you around the forum....they will simply go to another post.

I am not picking on you but making this post in hope others will see it and resist the urge to post in multiple places....it really ends up in confusion.

I unhooked the line that goes into the return to see if anything came out and there was nothing. ........ Also every time I remove the chlorinator lid the water line is right at the line that goes to the pool.

Both bold areas above indicate it is not operating properly. The container should be full.

As a side note from the other thread.......
Once I dumped a gallon of liquid chlorine in the strip read 3-5, then it went back down to 0 after a while. I will be able to perform a full test tonight hopefully.

How is the SLAM going? Ever perform that full test? (Post ^^ was from yesterday afternoon, that's why I ask)

This is a good example of keeping all your thoughts under one thread. Frequent responders will not chase you around the forum....they will simply go to another post.

I am not picking on you but making this post in hope others will see it and resist the urge to post in multiple places....it really ends up in confusion.

I was just curious if my chlorinator was operating correctly or not. Figured it was a different topic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.