Help Liner Problems

Katdvl

Jun 1, 2016
Titusville
I have an AG 18 round pool 8200 gallons. (No chem yet, doesn't have water) 6 yrs old, with a Hayward sand filter. We did not winterize it last year, so we drained it last month and started to fill with fresh city water. We have great water and get a discount on our water bill when filling a pool. Pool was half full and the beaded liner came out of the track. Emptied the pool again and put liner back in. Started filling and it came out again. So we drained it, had to dig under the wall a little to get water to drain from under/behind the liner. Repacked the sand by the wall and put the liner back in, I just bought the liner lock, haven't put it in yet but there is alot of air between the liner and the pool wall. How can I get the air out? The liner is still in good condition, I have a shop vac but don't understand how to make it a vaccum with the holes for the skimmer and return. Thanks for any advice. We are in Northwestern PA and its hit or miss for a nice sunny day to stretch the liner.

The liner has shrunk and you will have a difficult time getting it to stay in the track. You should never drain a pool unless you intend on changing a liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.