Storage of Pool Chemicals

Jun 13, 2016
Chandler, Arizona
I am looking into getting a Deck Box to keep pool chemicals and supplies in for outside. Can someone tell me if storing pool chemicals outside in the Arizona heat is a bad idea? I would be looking to store Chlorine tabs, liquid chlorine, acid, test kit, etc.

Thanks!

Definitely never store acid and chlorine in the same enclosed space. Bad, bad things could happen.

I would suggest that you store the tabs and chlorine in the garage, the acid outside someplace and the test kit in the house.

AZ is just too hot to leave much outside I imagine?

Muriatic acid should be stored outside in the shade. I would store bleach/liquid chlorine in the laundry room or pantry. Heat will break down the strength. Tabs are ok in a shed/garage. Test kit, the TF-100 should have its own bedroom. :)

Muriatic acid should be stored outside in the shade. I would store bleach/liquid chlorine in the laundry room or pantry. Heat will break down the strength. Tabs are ok in a shed/garage. Test kit, the TF-100 should have its own bedroom. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.