Can anyone tell which SWG cell is older?

Jul 12, 2011
London, ON, Canada
The previous owners of my house replaced the SWG cell but later determined that it wasn't the problem so they kept both. After taking it inside for the winter, they then couldn't remember which one was old/new etc. I can't tell either but I've helpfully labelled them 1 and 2, only because 2 looked a bit newer, but really a guess?

Cell #1. On Superchlorinate, 25 V, 6.16 A, FC is 5.5 pre pump and 7.5 post pump at 50 GPM
Also, this one reads a salt level of 3300 (pool store says 3100)

P1060117.jpg

P1060118.jpg

Cell #2. On superChlorinate, 3.5A, FC is 5.5 pre pump and 6.5 post pump at 50 GPM
This one reads a salt level of 3100, about what the pool store said.

P1060119.jpg

P1060120.jpg

Can anyone tell me which one is newer? How much chlorine should it be making? It seems odd that #1 is running >6 A, when #2 has a label on it that says 5 A MAX.

Both look nice and clean on the inside. There was a lot of buildup last year but a mild acid wash cleaned them right up.

Thanks, Tim

For what it's worth, I just replaced my T-Cell-15 and my label matches the one that is labeled #2 on yours. Not sure that is conclusive. I bet if you called Hayward and read them all the numbers on the label they may be able to determine manufacture date(s).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.