Too big to be water boatmen?

Jun 12, 2016
Sarasota, FL
Hello TFPer's,

First of all, thank you all for the amount of help and knowledge that is available here. I've searched for my specific question but have not found a definitive answer.
The rundown:
Pool built in Sept 2015
SW Florida
No screen enclosure
SWG
15k gallons
Chem levels as of 06/12 using Taylor 2006 (however I buy the refills from this site):
PH-7.4
FC-5.8
CC-0
CYA-60

Everything is great, mostly because of what I learned here, but when the pool was first finished I got a few of the below waterbugs and when everything leveled out we were good. On Monday June 6th we had a tropical storm roll through. Since then we have been getting around a dozen of the below waterbugs every night. I'm thinking they are water boatmen but from I've read my bugs are way bigger. I did a very detailed inspection the other day and found some specs of algae in the deep end (5 ft), under the built in bar, and some algae in the drain cover. I did an OFCLT and lost .8 ppm FC. When the storm happened my FC was around 2.4. After reading what my FC SHOULD be with a SWG and a CYA level of 60 I bumped it up.

Please take a look at the attached pic (hopefully it attaches) and let me know what you think. I'm planning on starting a slam tonight but not sure if these are waterbugs or some sort of cricket or cockroach. The bigger bug I think is a mole cricket the 2 smaller ones I'm not sure about. If there's anything I'm missing or you need more info please let me know.

Thank You in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 32
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You know, we in Texas like to say things like, "Everything's bigger in Texas". But Florida (and Australia) have creatures that seem to defy logic. I'm not entomology expert, so I'll simply say "good luck" and try to :bump: this thread for more visibility.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.