A Deep Pool Build in Peoria, AZ -- finished, working on chem balance!

Hmmm, alright guys, so now that filter is out of operation and the pump is off, how am I suppose to upkeep chemicals?

Can I just pour in Muriatic Acid and Bleach in without a pump going? o_O It's just a sitting pond right now and I don't want the new pebble plaster to get messed up.

Really like your pool! Would you mind telling me the travertine paver choice you made (color) and your split face tile as well on the back wall? Also what size is the split face or is it Z Patten?

Thank you

Really like your pool! Would you mind telling me the travertine paver choice you made (color) and your split face tile as well on the back wall? Also what size is the split face or is it Z Patten?

Thank you

Thanks ^_^

The travertine pavers are Crema colored, from Monterrey Tile (Travertine pavers | Monterrey Tile Co
Crema.jpg

The website image makes it look darker than it really is, it's pretty light, like a beige-toned or cream ivory.

1e275f1516e702f3e330e0483fab89c0.jpg

And I'm not sure on the size (2 inch?) or pattern... but the split faced stone is a polished travertine veneer called Philadelphia (I believe it was from NPT, but not positive). It's listed in my paperwork as "stacked stone: Philadelphia travertine".

Hope that helps :)

Do you have a sump pump or such? You can use it to help mix up your water when you add the chemicals. Baring that you can get in and swim/walk around in a circle. You can also walk the outside with a straw broom in the water to mix it in as well as giving is a good brushing with your pool broom.

:kim:

Hope you got the filter problem squared away. I know how much sand is in those things too...My build has a sand filter and I wanted the guys haul bags of sand into the backyard.

I'm still working on getting my build done, but I'm sure you are well into the the world of chemicals now...

Update for those interested :)

Pool is about 2 months old now, here's the pebble sheen blue surf color.

3ff86ab944bc22cdf817b5077f35076d.jpg

25efdc2dfdfb9f92054a5029b442a6e3.jpg

We ended up having the entire sand filter replaced. Original was leaking. The guy came out and literally sawed the filter in half, ripped it open, then dug out the sand and put up a new one. No problems now ��

Chemical wise, the pool is a muriatic acid eater! I must be going thru almost 2 gallons a week. I'm guessing because it's a new pool and plaster, the acid intake will slow over time? We started up the salt system a few weeks ago too, been messing with the percentage to get it just right.

So far so good. The pool has been very low maintenance! I gotta say, I was nervous about the in floor system, but man its been great! Haven't had to worry about cleaning anything besides the filters and skimmers! Highly recommended if you're in AZ:) Not sure how well the system would do with heavier daily debris climates, but it cleans up all the tiny dirt and dust no problem over here. I would definitely put in another one. This system is the A&A in floor w G4 venturi heads.

Oh and no travertine problems.... so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Your pool looks great. Nice to see everything is running smoothly after the snafu with the filter.

My pool was finished last week and has also been eating acid like crazy. Mine took two gallons in 2 days, which I'm told is normal (especially for plaster).

Your fence looks great. I talked to Abraham about getting a fence for mine too. Hoping to have that done next week. Just have the door alarm at the moment.

The acid need will slow down over time. Post a full set of numbers from your testing so we can look at them to see if anything needs to be tweaked.

That pool looks AWESOME! That is such a rich color for plaster!

Kim:kim:

Ellsian, Everything looks great!! The deep blue with the light travertine is stunning.

How do you find the reflection off the travertine to be? Too bright?? I wanted Crema as well for my decking but the PB said it would be way too bright in the direct sun. He ended up bringing in a lighter shade of Noche, which while I don't find it as dark as I thought it would be, it isn't what I really wanted. Just another one of those things that happens when you can't be there to monitor . . .

I'm guessing that your pool looks even better in person, which has to be AMAZING!! I can never get a photo of mine to look as good as it does just looking at it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks awesome!! Don't forget about brushing. With your in-floor cleaner working so well, there can be the temptation to not do your regular brushing.

We too have plaster and a SWCG. Our pool's muriatic acid appetite slowed down in year 3. Each pool's personality is different. Hopefully yours will be satisfied in under a year. But with saltwater, the pH will always be interested in rising, though keeping TA on the low end of the range generally helps that. Eventually ours has become more stable in that regard.

Ellsian, Everything looks great!! The deep blue with the light travertine is stunning.

How do you find the reflection off the travertine to be? Too bright?? I wanted Crema as well for my decking but the PB said it would be way too bright in the direct sun. He ended up bringing in a lighter shade of Noche, which while I don't find it as dark as I thought it would be, it isn't what I really wanted. Just another one of those things that happens when you can't be there to monitor . . .

I'm guessing that your pool looks even better in person, which has to be AMAZING!! I can never get a photo of mine to look as good as it does just looking at it.

Thanks! And no, we've never had a problem with the travertine color. It's not a bright white color, since it's Crema it has tones of brown and yellow, so it works fine for us -shrug- I really like how it contrasts so well against the blue of the water.

And thanks all for the info on the acid intake. I'm hoping it will slow down over time too :) I'll post up some numbers next time I do testing, kim!

Looks awesome!! Don't forget about brushing. With your in-floor cleaner working so well, there can be the temptation to not do your regular brushing.

We too have plaster and a SWCG. Our pool's muriatic acid appetite slowed down in year 3. Each pool's personality is different. Hopefully yours will be satisfied in under a year. But with saltwater, the pH will always be interested in rising, though keeping TA on the low end of the range generally helps that. Eventually ours has become more stable in that regard.

You weren't kidding about the salt water and PH rise, it went crazy once we added the salt and started up the SWG. I started getting these weird white evenly spread buildups/growths of salt? (or maybe calcium) above the waterline but between the grout lines of the tiles. Added a ton more MA to help fix the imbalance and scrubbed some of it off, but I think I'll need to use some acid to scrub the bad parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.