A Deep Pool Build in Peoria, AZ -- finished, working on chem balance!

Re: A Deep Pool Build in Peoria, AZ -- The end takes the longest!

Filling the pool up! Hoping it will be done by tomorrow, but realistically probably 1.5 days to Saturday morning.

77431abb9605f89b42b5ccc7721acb86.jpg

09c715c25534b5711e1c4fba283348db.jpg

272aa5fed07af8557659900b19f3bbeb.jpg

I went out and bought a 2nd hose out of impatience, lol.

Also found a guy that installs temp pool fencing for cheap on Craigslist ? His main job is actually installing them professionally for one of the expensive fence companies, but he moonlights on Craigslist on his own. Saved like 50%! Love Craigslist?

9a617f66b01320ab64dfc0273f3e909b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

WATER!!! I see LOTS of water! SWEET!

Just know it will not be the true color for a little while. Brushing and water balance will help it all settle out. It might even be a little green for a bit. NO worries so long as you are working on balancing the water.

MOONLIGHTING is awesome!!! Score for sure!

:kim:

Congrats on getting to the fill stage!! Looking great so far. Love the plaster and stone . . . That NAOS out the back makes for a nice private setting as well.

Hey guys, so I'm working on chemistry right now and my PB's setup was basically a simple test strip and instruction to "go to the pool store" if the readings were not within parameters. Derp.

So it's a good thing I already purchased my TF-100 test kit! :)

The PB has already poured in a few gallons of liquid chlorine, and set up a floating puck dispenser. He also added some muriatic acid.

My readings this morning:

FC - 2
CH - 150
TA - 180
CYA - 0
CC - 0
PH - 7.8

I know these arent ideal, and I've plugged some numbers into the pool math calculator, but it's telling me to add like 3 gallons 1 quart of calcium chloride, 1 quart 6oz of MA, 1quart 2oz of Bleach and 1 gallon 1 quart of stabilizer

Does this seem correct?

I know I can get the MA and Bleach easy enough, but do I go to the pool store for the stabilizer and calcium chloride? Should I remove the floating puck?

* I should note that this will be a salt pool, but right now we're waiting 30 days to let the pebble sheen cure, so it's manual chlorination until then.

Ah bummer, looks like 1-2 of my in floor pop ups are not working correctly too.

You can get the stabilizer (CYA) at Walmart, Lowes or such. It will be in powder form. Do NOT follow the directions on the bottle. Put it in a sock (like you wear) and hang it infront of the return and/or in the skimmer basket using care to not block the flow of water. If you put it in the skimmer leave the pump running until it is all dissolved.

MA and bleach do not play well together. They should not be stored within shouting distance of each other and MA should not be stored under or around metal as the fumes cause rust. When you go to add these two do it one at a time with about 15 mins of pump run time in between.

You can remove the floating pucks but they are not hurting anything really. Just make sure you take in account how much CYA each one will add when it is dissolved. Look towards the bottom of Pool Math for that area.

Bummer on the pop ups :(

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been watching your build and jealous seeing how great it turned out! Loving the brilliance of that blue finish. We're going to start getting bids on the security fencing, would you mind PMing me a link to one of his ads on Craigslist or alternatively his contact number? Thanks!

lol, good idea Buckeye. I'm just worried about the new plaster having issues with low CH in the meantime though!

Thanks kim, I'll read up!

Just maintain a slightly higher TA until your CH rises from typing off the pool. Do not add any calcium.

Your current TA is taking care of the low calcium level and should not be aggressively lowered for at least a few months(or more). Expect the pH to rise rapidly with elevated TA levels though.

I've been watching your build and jealous seeing how great it turned out! Loving the brilliance of that blue finish. We're going to start getting bids on the security fencing, would you mind PMing me a link to one of his ads on Craigslist or alternatively his contact number? Thanks!
Thanks! Check your messages ?

Just maintain a slightly higher TA until your CH rises from typing off the pool. Do not add any calcium.

Your current TA is taking care of the low calcium level and should not be aggressively lowered for at least a few months(or more). Expect the pH to rise rapidly with elevated TA levels though.
Ooo, good to know. Ty Bdavis. I had already put in 5 lbs of calcium hardness, but will hold off on the rest and let it go then.

I'll stick to raising cya and fc, and watching ph levels with muriatic acid.

Wow, looks great ellsian. The water color looks really sharp. Must feel nice to have the pool done.

I'm moving into my house next week and hope to start the dig the following week.

I'm looking for the same type of fence that you had installed via Craigslist. I'll have to track him down.

Thanks spoonman :) It does feel good, but there are still a few hiccups unfortunately! Just found out that the filter has a leak, so the PB turned off the whole thing and needs to contact Hayward for a replacement. It's a HUUGE round sand filter full of hundreds of pounds of sand too, so I can imagine that's going to be a pain to replace (well, for the PB, not me, I hope). So no pump/water features for a while. I'm just glad the problem happened now and not years from now when not under warranty!

I'll mssg you the Craigslist guy!

bde63b7f51c328e09b3fbac51fa8afdb.jpg

I hope they replace that ugly hand written pipe while they're at it, lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.