A Deep Pool Build in Peoria, AZ -- finished, working on chem balance!

Re: A Deep Pool Build in Peoria, AZ -- Light troubles :(

Thanks twinkiesmommy! [emoji16][emoji16]just gotta keep going!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Exactly... One slow step forward each day...week... Lol. We just got concrete decking poured. They're doing clean-up and plaster next once the fire pit and pool table top is finished, so we're at similar stages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like they are dry-fitting all of the travertine. Haven't seen it done before but so long as they pull it all back up and sand to level, it will be fine.

I would make sure they actually pull the travertine up and put sand under. It seems crazy that this was their plan all along, unless someone is paying them by the hour. I would worry that they plan to just put a little sand over the travertine and brush it into the spaces between the pavers. Putting sand between pavers helps to "lock" them into place so they don't move, but with nothing under the pavers I would think the sand would soon fall down to fill voids under pavers and leave you with shifting pavers again.

Update: Some pics of in progress and then finished paver work. They did put some sand down and on top for patio :) Looks beautiful. I forgot to ask for umbrella sleeves on the deck though - doh. Not sure if sleeves are easy to put in with pavers. A couple pavers need extra sand for shifting but the rest are solid and a few i need to ask to replace because they looked cracked.

Also still waiting on a fix for the pool light, we'll see.

1e275f1516e702f3e330e0483fab89c0.jpg

57a851044a96e23bc5dd1da7b7eaa415.jpg

365e1f0a35063de9f1f215aec0853fa1.jpg

d92af153c0ddfd574e5a9ec6d9b25790.jpg

0122b5d7e5d58328efa974d5fe50c9d5.jpg

8641801191044358ad1c1ee576b13295.jpg

08edb63625aec0db68f805dfc42a8eb2.jpg

Looking very nice.

I forgot to ask for umbrella sleeves on the deck though - doh. Not sure if sleeves are easy to put in with pavers.

If you do retrofit and add umbrella sleeves, let us know how it goes. I've got the same issue. Pulling up a paver or two, digging the hole for the sleeve + cement, and setting the sleeve shouldn't be too difficult. The part I haven't figured out is drilling a hole through the paver and whether you set the top of the sleeve at the bottom of the paver (so the paver rests on top of the sleeve) or you drill an even larger hole through the paver so that the sleeve can go all the way through it... I am interested in what you end up doing.

Wow, you have really come a long way. Looks like the area around the light isn't completely filled-in with shotcrete. Maybe that will make relocation a bit easier.

Re: A Deep Pool Build in Peoria, AZ -- The end takes the longest!

a deck sleeve for a sports net or something makes sense. We put two sleeves where we though some umbrellas would go, near the seating and tables, and we never use them. They just fill up with disgusting water. The sun is never in the same place twice, the furniture moves around....

Hi guys! Thanks for checking in but nope no water. I'm told there's at least a 2+ week wait to get plaster since pools are in such demand. I know, super lame.

On the brightside all of the landscaping was done, gate was put in and we passed inspection on both the pool and child barriers ? I asked to be moved up faster on the plaster schedule since they had some pb caused setbacks like fixing the light (which took 2.5 weeks), but we'll see.

I'll share some pics of my beautifully landscaped but tragically empty pool, lol.

A bit dark, but I'll post what I have!

3e98f13f883637cb44ff31259cc5f0e9.jpg

f99469da2bbd41025fe2125e0a28fed3.jpg

I asked to have a lemon tree put in. Super excited, I love Lemons. We also have dwarf pomegranate and pygmy date palms :)

btw spoonman, we were super limited in what plants the hoa would allow for a view fence. Seriously like 20 plants tops to choose from :( I guess all view fence lots will look very similar plant wise!

a13c450c3b40f0f7872ff2ab5b1e8fef.jpg

6b1706ece387c5fe6b9e9733cb9e64e2.jpg

These are arizona blue bells I'm told.

Azdesert:
Yes, they easily put in the umbrella sleeves. The guy used some sort of round electric saw/drill to create a hole in the middle of the travertine.
The bit looked like this: http://tooltime.txdi.org/t_tooltime/image/holesaw%20(Custom).JPG

They then dug down and filled with concrete and a plastic pvc circle sleeve. Grouted the top of the circle to match the travertine, and has a rubber sealed removable cap to keep water out when not in use. Very pleased with how easy it was! My landscaper didn't even charge for them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I am just now able to catch up on your thread. It awesome. You have gone through some ups and downs for sure! WOW! It sounds like you have a great PB-taking care of the light and such.

That bluebell is pretty!

Do you have your test kit yet? If not now is the time to find out what one he is giving you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

:kim:

It's looking great! Hopefully you'll have more progress soon!

a deck sleeve for a sports net or something makes sense. We put two sleeves where we though some umbrellas would go, near the seating and tables, and we never use them. They just fill up with disgusting water. The sun is never in the same place twice, the furniture moves around....

We have 3 in our pool. PB said to get a piece of PVC pipe and use gloves, but put some of the chlorine you're adding to the pool directly into the hole using the PVC once a month to keep them flushed. We haven't had to do that yet but I do pour some directly over the holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

build looks great! You lucked out big time on the hard dig being where your at!

Would you mind sharing the local door builder you used, We might be in need of some custom door (front entry) in the future. Like you we have a huge sliding door and front entry door that puts it out of anything "normal sized"

Thanks Diesel!

The door maker was Serna's Doors in Phoenix. He's giving his business to his son and renaming it Eric's Doors. Much cheaper than going through home depot or Lowe's and they had a local door installer named John that i hired to install for me.

I am just now able to catch up on your thread. It awesome. You have gone through some ups and downs for sure! WOW! It sounds like you have a great PB-taking care of the light and such.

That bluebell is pretty!

Do you have your test kit yet? If not now is the time to find out what one he is giving you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

:kim:

And yes! I have the TF-100 test kit + stirrer and extra chemicals all set! Thanks TFP! :)

Some pics of the finished but not acid washed blue surf pebble sheen.

43c37799afb57a37e13dbce05f9dd0c0.jpg

363a9ed7c25339772060073195dc41ce.jpg

ed54ddca61b532aa1fd337a98cd85242.jpg

Should I be concerned about those marks left behind or will the acid wash fix it?

Ty

Thanks Diesel!

The door maker was Serna's Doors in Phoenix. He's giving his business to his son and renaming it Eric's Doors. Much cheaper than going through home depot or Lowe's and they had a local door installer named John that i hired to install for me.

Thanks! I will check them out

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.