Pebble vs Quartz Finish

May 24, 2014
Dunellen nj
I will be having my pool re-plastered due to chipping in the spa and calcium nodules in the pool (thanks to TFP for helping to identify the problem). We are still under warranty and I plan on upgrading the finish to either quartz or pebble (PB doesn't install Pebble Tech), we now have white plaster. Any thoughts on which finish would be better for a re-plaster job, for bonding, and for durability, and maintenance, I have many very tall trees behind my property, so staining has been an issue. I also plan on having this done in September and then closing the pool for the season, so we can use the pool this year...it's only our third season. I wonder if the September date would be a good decision, or if it should be earlier. Any responses would be appreciated, thank you!

Either finish properly installed should last you many years. Pebble finishes are known for their longevity and often rough surface texture. Quartz may not last quite as long but will have a smoother finish. Your best bet would be to visit pools in your area to get a feel for what you'd like.

I would be tempted to get the new plaster applied well before closing to make certain that the proper startup is done and water balance is maintained for several months during the critical curing period about 3-6 months from application.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.