Going nowhere with Summer Waves pool and pump

Jun 12, 2016
Blackshear,GA
Hello everyone,

We just bought a new 14 foot summer waves pool. After checking out different threads, I decided the simple pump wasn't enough to clean the pool. I'm sure others have had no problems, but it's been crazy with the pump.

So, I just bought a Summer Waves ST1100 sand filter pump..awesome..should hook on easily, it's a summer waves pump. But no, the problem is with the inlet opening on the pools itself. It's gigantic compared to the valve that comes with the pump. The solution was to just use the included pump, minus the motor as a giant intake valve hooked upto the sand pump.

Everything I thought was going the way it should until I put the cam handle onto the 6 port valve that sits on top of the sand tank. As I was tightening the cam handle, the screw that tightens the jaw broke. Great..another trip to the hardware store and I picked up a vise that would in theory tighten the cam handle enough to tighten it. After another setback I had everything going in the right direction until the cam handle itself broke. Now there is nothing holding the valve onto the sand tank and water is just leaking out of the sand tank and the valve.

This was around 2 o'clock this afternoon..it is now almost 8pm and I've given up..please tell me this is a fluke and a sand pump that's cost us $149 plus the extra stuff we had to buy to "fix it" is still viable. Has anyone else had an issue with a plastic (I think it's plastic) handle on their sand pump tank? I'm not sure there is any option besides getting a metal clamp like you use on a dryer, but I don't think that will work.

NO! Man you have had a time of it for sure. The thing you need to do is get in contact with Summer Wave and see what they want to do to help you out. Make sure you have your receipt to give them the details from.

Let us know what they say.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.