Pressure after the filter

After two years of neglect, I have diagnosed and repaired my infloor system. Unfortunately it won't turn on due to inadequate pressure. The gauge shows 8psi and it needs 14-20 per the manual.

I am getting ~28psi at the (clean) filter.

The pool was installed (by the previous owner) by the "best" guys around. It's possible that it is misengineered but likelier that something is wrong .

I don't know how to post a photo via mobile, but here is a link to the photo of the manifold that the Caretaker shares. IMG_20160530_151542.jpg - Google Drive

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that the Caretaker line is on the far left, that the pump is a newish Intelliflo, and that the brominator in the photo is offline.

Last edited:
I think you need to close the other two return valves at least some (broken red handles) to force more water to the floor system.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

I agree with Jason about closing off the other valves. Also, what speed is the Intelliflo running? And.. Keep in mind that the higher the pressure drop across the filter the less pressure you have further down the plumbing. So, when was the last time you cleaned your filter?

Jim R.

I think you need to close the other two return valves at least some (broken red handles) to force more water to the floor system.

It's true that when I close all of the other valves and crank the pump to 3250(?)RPM I can get sufficient pressure for the Caretaker to run but I don't think that is the design condition (or the valves would be motorized like so many of the other valves).

I mean, I am grateful for the suggestion but I suspect it's a bit of a Band-Aid.

Nope, usually the in-floor systems are designed to take 100% of the flow.

I think you may need to close the automated valve some more too to limit the flow to the spa (I assume?).

Actually is there a in-floor zone in the spa? If so, you should have the automated valve complete close the spa when running the in-floor system (that is how my previous pool was, well without the automation).

If you feel you are still not getting enough flow, then your filter must be causing too much restriction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.