sand on bottom of pool

New to the pool world. We have brown sand with redish particals on the bottom of our pool (intex ultra frame 24X12 rectangular Sand filter and SWG.) Water is crystal clear and we are working on lowering the PH and stablizing the FC. Once we got the vacuum figured out I cleaned the bottom. about a 1/2 hr. later we seen that it had returned. not as much but none the less it returned. Any ideas as to the cause? scooped it out with my hand it is for sure gritty sand and it is not slimmy. Any ideas. Thanks inadvance

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Sand on the floor could be a result of any of the following:
- Wrong sand used (not #20 silica sand) or batch had some exceptionally small grains for some reason that slipped through the laterals
- Laterals or stand-pipe damaged or separated inside the filter (Did you fill filter halfway with water before adding sand?)
- Multiport valve or spider gasket damaged
- Not rinsing long enough after backwash

I might have missed an item there that others may add to this thread. Hopefully the issue is not too serious and you will get it resolved quickly. Nice to have you with us.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Sand on the floor could be a result of any of the following:
- Wrong sand used (not #20 silica sand) or batch had some exceptionally small grains for some reason that slipped through the laterals
- Laterals or stand-pipe damaged or separated inside the filter (Did you fill filter halfway with water before adding sand?)
- Multiport valve or spider gasket damaged
- Not rinsing long enough after backwash

I might have missed an item there that others may add to this thread. Hopefully the issue is not too serious and you will get it resolved quickly. Nice to have you with us.
Thank you. We will check all that. I do know the sand is #20 silica sand. Will be back with what we find. Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.