Jonesboro, Ar
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron eQuilibrium EQ25
Been dealing with Mustard Algae for 3 weeks now thanks to my lovely neighborhood pool store. Found this site last weekend and have been following the SLAM process for 8 days now and still can't pass the OCLT. I have vacuumed to waste everyday and finally have a blue clear pool but lost at what to do now.

A previous post got me thinking of where this stuff could be hiding and they mentioned pooling through the top pockets so I went to look at mine and boy are they nasty but I don't know how to clean them and all that nastyness is going to go right back in my sparkling clean pool now but this has got to be my problem cause there is nothing else left to check. Any ideas on how to get these things clean? I can't get a brush all the way through the parts that hold the rails and I am sure there is algae living there too.

@12:15pm today
FC 22.5
CC 1
PH 7.6 (was 7.4 when I started this process)
TA 100 (was 80 when I started)
CH 280
CYA 30

FC last night at 10pm was 28 then this morning at 7am was 24

Photo%20Jun%2012%2011%2015%2040%20AM_zpsuez3rdkm.jpg

See the part below where the rail goes into it - can't figure out how to clean all this.

Photo%20Jun%2012%2011%2016%2052%20AM_zpsi2qsuynq.jpg

This is what the pool looks like right now - clear blue but still failing OCLT

Photo%20Jun%2012%2012%2005%2025%20PM_zps8sqqme0u.jpg

The use of 4 ppm chlorine overnight tells me you still have organics in your water (even though you can't see them). You really need to continue the SLAM. This is where most people get "cold feet" and let the chlorine dip below SLAM......can't do that.

Get a spray bottle and fill it 1/4 clorox and 3/4 water. Spray it into those holes. I don't think that is your real problem but it sure won't hurt to knock down some of the algae in there.

PS _ Your water is lookin good.....you are close but don't give up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.