Replacing liner fail

Why do you say you let it stand without water too long? What damage do YOU see? Is the bottom flat still? It looks flat in the 1st picture. The second picture did not come through.

I do see some rust you will want to clean up and spray paint.

Give us some more details on what you are seeing that is causing your concern.

Kim:cat:

This is all done with lack of knowledge on my end, so I've had the water drained since december. There is a low spot on one side I would like to fix (from previous owner), sides have started caving in a little due to no water pushing out against the surrounding dirt. Also basically want to know if there are some things I should take of/or improve while I have the liner out?

Work on the rust spots. If they are surface rust you can do a good sanding then spray paint with Rustoleum. If they are eating into the wall you will need to cut that spot out and replace it. There are several good threads due by others. Do a search in the search box at the top of the page.

You can use clips and rope to help hold the sides up until you are ready to refill.

Kim:cat:

Is that pool partially buried? It looks like the one wall is bowed in near the bottom, but that could just be the picture, or the way the cove foam is laying. If that is the case, you will have to remove the dirt on the outside of the pool in that area. once you fill the pool, then you can put the fill dirt back. Make sure the wall is in the bottom track all the way around the pool.

As for things you can add/improve - if you want to go with either a bottom pad or wall foam, then clearly now would be the time. I put wall foam on my pool, but I dont think it was worth it. It is a nice feel behind the liner, but I dont know if that is enough justification. Supposedly it helps insulate the pool too - I cant tell if it does or not.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.