Sand from below paved coping washing back into pool

gjpe

Jul 26, 2012
Fiberglass pool with under mount track cover with bullnose pavers for coping. Starting to notice after lots of kids in the pool with lots of splashing I have a lot of paver base sand at the bottom of my pool. It appears a very small gap exist between my paver and the top of the undercount track. The gap varies but never gets larger then. 1/4 of an inch and sometimes the gap is nonexistent.

Should I put some caulk in between the undermount track and the bottom of the paver? Would that last? What kind of caulk? Latex?

Pool is only 3 years old. Maybe the sand will stop washing out after awhile?..

Other ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 39
I just put some of this stuff: Loctite PL S10 Polyurethane Concrete & Masonry Sealant, between my concrete coping and fiberglass steps for a similar reason. There is another thread similar to this that recommended either pool putty or polyurethane sealant. I used this because it was for both vertical and horizontal surfaces. If you see "self leveling" in the description, it is almost certainly for horizontal surfaces. I cant tell you if it works or not cause i just put it in today. Mineral spirits for clean up. I could find only gray color. Plan on painting it and another patch spot on the steps when the sealant cures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.