How high is too high for PH??

pH is one of the parameters that does change during a season but is very easy to control. Any result in the 7's is not dangerous with the mid 7's being ideal. Anything in the 6's or 8's is a no-no.

Use Jason's calculator to lower it with muriatic acid or bring it up with 20 mule team borax.

I just checked it and it is sitting at 7.8 and has been that way since this morning... What i have found is that over the course of the day i went from my FC: 7 to FC:2!!! it holds overnight but during the day its being destroyed....Im taking a sample to get checked tomorrow....I am thinking that my CYA is really low....i cant get an accurate reading with the strips im using right now. I just refilled my pool this year as i took it down for the winter (intex metal frame pool) so i imagine there is little to no CYA in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.