$$ pool light replacement bulb with mogul base $$

May 19, 2016
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New liner, crystal clear water...and no working pool light. My pool must be over 20 years old, if not 30. It's got 80's written all over it. I bought the house, wi the pool in fall of 2011.

back to the pool light, it's got a mogul base R40 and the niche isn't that big, only 5.5 inches across. Firstly I can't find a replacement bulb with a mogul base that will fit the niche. I have a R40 to R26 adapter so can convert to a medium base, but can't find a LED that has a small enough diameter to fit.

So of course I start to wonder if I can just use a normal LED light in my seal niche light? If not can someone explain what makes a pool light bulb different than a normal bulb. How it's able to dissapate the heat. Also a reference to replacement lightbulbs. From what I can read off of the faded brass plate on the light housing is it is a Pentair Model 5057

I think --- think not know -- that you have a Sta-Rite Sun star light. Its an old light that is no longer sold. But you can buy parts.

Leslies sells parts and Im sure Inyo sells parts. I would call them and see if they can help you.

Somone who knows more may reposnd on here so wait a day -- I may be wrong or someone could be more specific. A picture of the bulb and housing would help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.