Ocala, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
HI all, so I installed the Cirupool RJ-45 last Saturday. CL has been stable @ 7PPM ever since. My ? come when looking at the CSI with all the #'s plugged in I have -.33. Test results below. What would you recommend I change to bring the CSI to about -.2? I have sat here for a couple of hours play with Poolmath and I'm at a loss.. even at a TA of 60 with Borate at 50 the PH is back at 7.8 after 2 days. When I installed the unit my TA was 80. I have no water feature that add additional PH rise.(other than the SWG)

CL=7
CC=0
PH=7.6
TA=60
CH=500
CYA=80
Salt=3800 on k-1766 test, SWG= 3600
Borate=50
Temp=85

Thank you,

Experiment a little. See how many days the pH will stay at 7.8. You might just discover that your pool is at equilibrium there and won't climb any higher for a week or ten days or even longer.

Also remember that as water evaporates and is replaced, the CH will rise. That will push the CSI positive.

Thanks Richard and bdavis, The fill is already to the low point and need to bring it back up. I will try leaving the higher PH and see what happens. as the would bring the CSI to -.21.

First, why do you want to bring the CSI down to -2 (or is that a typo)? FWIW, PoolMath is showing me a CSI of -0.36 when I enter your parameters. In any event, it is above -0.6 which puts it within the recommended range. I would focus more on managing your individual parameters vs. worrying about CSI. Your parameters look good, although I wouldn't add any more borates. In fact, unless you have some other reason for using borates, I would let that drift down. If I remove the borates but leave the other parameters as-is, the CSI would increase (become more neutral vs. your current CSI) to -0.26.

Yeah, there are technically two thresholds for CSI - the hard ones at -0.6 or lower and 0.6 or higher along with two "warning track" thresholds at -0.3 and 0.3. If you were lower than -0.6 (or higher than 0.6), that would be more of a cause for concern. As the others suggested, try letting pH drift up to 7.8. The pH in my pool tends to hit equilibrium between 7.6 and 7.8 and rarely drifts up higher than that if I do nothing to adjust it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.