Doheny's Discovery Powered by Dolphin?

trmiv

Jun 6, 2016
Wake Forest, NC
Looking to get a robotic pool cleaner and I stumbled upon the Doheny's Discovery Powered by Dolphin http://www.doheny.com/poolsupplies/Dohenys-Discovery-Powered-By-Dolphin-13416.html It's on sale and the price seems great.

As far as I can tell that's likely the Dolphin S200 rebranded? Does anyone know for sure? If I don't get this I was also considering the Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Not sure of the pros/cons of each though. Not easy info to find. Leaning towards this S series style robot because I think that PowerStream thing would help it in my pool.

I'm still considering it. I tried to get a local price on the S200, but I can't get the only dealer in my area to call me back, so I'm leaning towards the Doheny Discovery. What I can't figure out is if the warranty is covered through Doheny or through Maytronics. I called Maytronics about it, and got some sales rep for their midwest region. He was nice enough, but he wasn't super familiar with the Doheny Discovery. He did say that Doheny is one of their huge retailers, and that's totally legit. He had to go to the website to even know what I was talking about though. He said it appeared to be very similar to the S200 to him, but has some different features. I'm just curious though if since it's LIKE the S200, but not exactly the S200, can I get parts for it if I need it? That's what has me considering the Nautilus Plus since I know parts are easily available. But I really like the filter basket on the S series ones like the Discovery plus that whole Powerstream mobility thing.

I'm still considering it. I tried to get a local price on the S200, but I can't get the only dealer in my area to call me back, so I'm leaning towards the Doheny Discovery. What I can't figure out is if the warranty is covered through Doheny or through Maytronics. I called Maytronics about it, and got some sales rep for their midwest region. He was nice enough, but he wasn't super familiar with the Doheny Discovery. He did say that Doheny is one of their huge retailers, and that's totally legit. He had to go to the website to even know what I was talking about though. He said it appeared to be very similar to the S200 to him, but has some different features. I'm just curious though if since it's LIKE the S200, but not exactly the S200, can I get parts for it if I need it? That's what has me considering the Nautilus Plus since I know parts are easily available. But I really like the filter basket on the S series ones like the Discovery plus that whole Powerstream mobility thing.

I'm with you, I like the S series features, like the waterline tile cleaning and the removable top loaded basket. If you do purchase from them, make sure you enter the current online promotional code to get at least $10 more off to cover the handling. For me this model would be $650 shipped to my door including no out of state tax.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.