Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had posted a question here...

Installing replacement liner inside of Intex 18' metal frame - Page 10

Basically, I would like to know if regular PVC cleaner/glue would be the right choice to glue a patch of intex liner to another intex liner. From my research, it is actually a PVC that is used, instead of a straight up vinyl like regular pool liners?

Simplified explanation: The PVC cement used for chemically bonding PVC pipes has certain aggressive modifiers to "break through" the hard outer skin of the pipe, which is not present in PVC pool liners. These modifiers are likely to be too aggressive for a pool liner. Might be worth experimenting with, on something you don't care about destroying.

Your best bet is to use a pool liner patch cement, like the Boxer brand from Union Labs. BTW, this is the cheapest I've found it....

I like the idea you posted in the other thread about gluing a channel for a rope! I'll have to remember this when I replace my Intex liner next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.