Overnight water level dip, pump concern

May 13, 2016
Austin, TX
So, my pool cleaner got its tail stuck in an interesting position overnight and sprayed a constant jet of water out of the pool for a while. When I got up this morning, the water level was about an inch below the skimmers rather than halfway up the tile. The baskets still have some water in them, and the pump basket is still full. Does this mean my pump did not lose prime and I don't need to worry about re-priming or it being damaged?

Yes you are fine. The fact the water level is below the skimmer means the pump was still getting waterer from somewhere. Since you have a pressure side cleaner it was getting water from the main drain. If your main drain is plumbed through the skimmer and not a dedicated run then had the spray taken the water level below the bottom floor of the skimmer you would have been in trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.