Stainless brush vs nylon brush?

If the plaster (and pebble tec is plaster-based) is new (< 1 year) you should use a nylon-only brush. I would continue using the nylon brush if you are getting good results with it. My M.O. is to use the tool that is the least invasive while still getting the job done. If you find you need a stronger brush, then I would step up to the combo brush - but only if you need to. Full stainless steel brushes are particularly useful if you get algae, especially black algae. But if you follow our methods, you should never have to worry about that.

Reactions: Mikemuniz
Right from Pebble Tec: Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

DO brush your pool. It is recommended that you brush a PTI pool finish three times a day for the first three days and two times a day for the next ten days. Using a standard, nylon (very important) bristled pool brush. Brush the walls and the floor of the finish toward the main drain. After that, regular maintenance may include brushing the pool approximately once per week, depending on the amount of dust or debris that may fall into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.